May 13, 2011

Fruit Fusion

Hi everyone and welcome to the first of this month's Papertrey Group Post. Today Nichole and the Design Team are focusing on Melissa Bickford's adorable Fruit Fusion stamp sets and coordinating dies. It's all about the fruit and you're in for a real treat this month. All of the new products will be available May 15th at the Papertrey website.

Since this is my countdown post too, I'll be featuring several projects today. As you read in an earlier post, life is a little busy for me right now. When it comes time to crank out projects during these hustle and bustle times I often have to see out inspiration to get my creative juices flowing. Recently I've been using Pinterest to bookmark all my favorite photos. So today I've chosen 4 photos as inspiration for some fruity tutti projects. If you'd like to visit my other boards you can check out my Pinterest site here. Lots of photos to inspire.

My first inspiration photo features a delightful little kitchen vignette with shiny, red apples + cute, polka dot curtains + a pink, checker blocked tablecloth.
(photo courtesy of rosylittlethings.typepad.com)

For my inspiration project I created a shabby chic apple themed card using Fruit Fusion: Apple.
Using the new Seed Packet die, I created a pink, color blocked pocket to hold an embellished tag. The apples were die cut with the new Fruit Fusion: Apple die and then stamped with two apple images from Fruit Fusion.
Each Fruit Fusion set has mixy match sentiments with very nice font selections. Medium sized tags fit the seed packets nicely...a fun way to add extra little notes.
My next inspiration photo features an advertisement with vintage looking strawberry images + lots of graphic words.
(photo courtesy of the-feathered-nest.blogspot.com)

Wanting to re-create the graphic appeal of the inspiration photo, I used vintage book paper + a font that I curved from Think Big Favorites #4 and a new sentiment coming out this month. You'll notice a new frame on my project. I placed some Fruitti Tutti strawberry patterned paper behind it which was stamped with Papertrey text background. You'll hear more about the frame in tomorrow's post from Nichole The strawberries were die cut and stamped with images from Fruit Fusion. For the background of my card I mixed in some wildflower images from Heather's new Wildflower Garden stamp set.
My next inspiration photo features some quilted picnic blankets. If you look closely you can see several fruit images mixed in. I love the color blocking and the mixy matchy look of the squares.
(photo courtesy of flickr.com via SouleMama)

For my project, I chose to mimic the quilted squares that outline the picnic basket blankets. Using a 1" square punch and lots of mixy matchy patterned paper scraps + a few new snippets from Fruitti Tutti, I lined up the squares along the bottom and right border of my card.
For the main image I used stamps from Fruit Fusion: Pear along with the coordinating die. A Vintage Button finishes off one of the chubby little pears. The background piece was created using Dawn's new Cane Print Impression Plate. I love the quilted look it gives on creamy paper + I added some additional stamps from Fruit Fusion: Pear.
Again, more fun sentiments with this set. Below you can also see the machine stitching I added to my card to give a quilted look. I definitely will be using this card design again...perfect way to use up those tiny scraps of patterned paper.
My last inspiration photo features a vintage mason jar filled with Watermelon Limeade. Looks refreshing, doesn't it? It makes those little squirter things in the back of my cheeks go crazy. This recipe is compliments of Emeril Lagasse. Bam, it's gotta be good, right?
(photo courtesy of leitesculinaria.com) (recipe can be found there too)

My inspiration project resulted in yet another 4" x 6" recipe card for my stash. I used Friendship Jar + lots of filler images + the label and jar die to create the jar, label and *sweet* stamped word. The watermelon scallops were created by hand cutting patterned paper from the Fruitti Tutti collection. Paper pieced watermelon was created with stamps from Fruit Fusion: Melon + the coordinating dies. Love that there are two dies to create both the rind and the red fruit part of the melon. A tied Vintage Button finishes off the watermelon.
When I was done with my stamping session, I had a nice little stash of fruit themed cards.
This got me thinking about all of the colorful, vintage linens I have....many of them having fruits on them.
I think it would make for a sweet, summer time gift to package up some linens and perhaps a cute, crocheted pot holder for that person that loves vintage items. It would make a great little picnic starter kit. I packaged up my 4 projects in a Papertrey Large Glassine sack...layered all the goodies together and then tied it all up with a Pure Poppy ribbon.
So colorful and kitchen-y. Hope you enjoy!
Be sure to check out Nichole's + all the Design Team blogs for even more fruit filled projects. I'll be back tomorrow for our second Papertrey Group Post. See ya then!

27 comments:

Karen H. said...

Oh you! I was perfectly fine not having the Cane impression plate - but dang it make such an adorable quilt pattern!! Thanks for helping me see outside the box.

Patty J said...

Oh my goodness, pure perfection. Love your post, so worth the wait!

cjgusloff57 said...

Gosh, I love every single thing you made! I am "vintage" and love all things vintage too!

Lisa Elton said...

These are all so adorable Michelle!Your creations always make me smile.I hope things are well with your family.

Emily said...

I love looking at your blog! The colors you use and pair are breath taking! Whenever I am stressing at work, I take a "mental break" and the brightness always puts a smile on my face!

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm not all that into vintage but you just made me take a trip to my grams house way back when I was 5! Didn't know you could teleport people!! I love, love everything you made-really beautiful and do I ever want a tall cold glass of that watermelon limeade!!

Sheryl in NM said...

Oh my word Miss Mish! Every single thing you created is perfectly gorgeous. And now some of the items I thought I could pass on have become must haves!!! Oh you little trickster you! (lol! Thank you!)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Super! Love the vintage inspiration you got from all those photos! Your cards are beautiful!

Gail S. said...

Wow!! What a wonderful post :) You are such an inspiration!! Love all of the cards you created. Have a wonderful weekend!

Diane Jaquay said...

I'm totally in AWE of these fabulous projects, Mish!!! Each and every one has the most amazing details! I had to laugh about "that squirty thing" in the back of your mouth, you're so cute!

Lynn Put said...

Michelle you're always so inspiring! And your a tease, I love the look of the new seed packet pocket and frame...can't wait to see more! All of your projects are beautiful, thanks for sharing!

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

I am loving these cards! I hope some of these will be in your shop soon!!

Anonymous said...

These projects are fabulous! I love them all, and would find it hard to pick a favorite!

Helen L said...

WOW! You were on a roll!!! I love all your projects: so fun and pretty and creative!! Your blog is so fun to come and visit and get inspiration: You are an asset to the crafting world :-)

Linda Nicholson said...

I did not see your post...I did not see your post...I did not see your post! LOL! Darn you Mish....you're making me want so many things it's not even funny! Beautiful projects!

I'm definately keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Linda

Cindy said...

Just love all of your fruity creations! I can't wait to get my order in so I can play. I like all the vintage stuff so much and appreciate your gift ideas.

Please stop by my new blog. I'm showing off my garden these days, but also quilting, papercrafting, flea market finds, etc.

Unknown said...

All these are wonderful Michelle you rocked this post girl;)

Diana F. said...

I almost fell over when you mentioned "seed packets", I was so hoping that PTI would come out with stamps to do seed packets. I think it is wonderful that Nicole and the whole team really do read and create from what is requested from customers both on comments from posts and the PTI forum. Of course I think of your style when I think of seed packets so I am very excited to see what you have waiting for us tomarrow. BTW, love these cards (especially the colors) and love your Pinterest boards.

Jill Norwood said...

Wow - I love your cards today! And the way you mixed the vintage linens into a gift at the end! I adore vintage linens and what fun to make some vintagey cards with all of these new fruit fusion stamps and dies! Delicious!

Sudha said...

Wow yummy creations dear.

angel said...

Piękne rzeczy tworzysz:)
pozdrawiam:)

Wendy ten Hove said...

Awesome style cards! I love the inspiration photos and how you used them! I especially love your pear card, the way you used the new impression plate, combined with a stamp, for a pattern, it's just awesome!! Love it!
Hugs, Wendy

Holly Saveur said...

Mish these are so stinking CUTE and PRETTY!
LOVE them!!!

Lisa Petrella said...

WOWZERS!!! Your projects are AMAZING! I absolutely LOVE your color combos, layouts, and all of those yummy layers!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Lynn said...

these fruit projects are my favorites! love how you used the impression plate on that pear card, looks so "quilty"!

Anne said...

Thank you so much for all your inspiration and motivation. It touches so many of our lives in ways you can never imagine. I have to tell you great news. I have won two wonderful prizes by taking inspiration from this post last Saturday from http://apassionforpapertrey.blogspot.com/2011/05/winner.html
Thank you again. Take care of yourself and your family. You are always in my prayers.
Anne

jan metcalf said...

All super cute! Most of all I love your recipe cards! So original!

Related Posts with Thumbnails