November 8, 2011

Project Life Week of May 29-June 4, 2011 + Charlie...

Hi there, today I have another Project Life update for you. First up though, I thought I'd share one of the little ways that I've been spending some of that *free time*. His name is Charlie and he's the newest addition to our family.
Just seven weeks old so he's a total cry baby right now. But oh so adorable. The girls have been begging for a dog since we moved to the country nearly 9 years ago. We've held off because we know the big responsibility of caring for a dog vs. the dozens of cats we've had as pets. We figured it was time since the girls are growing up so fast. After going to Walmart on a packed Saturday afternoon, I saw all the Christmas junk. All the plastic toys, all the people, all the chaos. When I got home, Eric and I talked and then told the girls that if they wanted a puppy for Christmas we would start looking. We agreed to put aside the big presents and all the little stuff we buy just to be buying gifts. We all said YES! And lo and behold, Eric's mom found an ad in the paper for lab puppies, just what we wanted. And the rest is history. We've got ourselves the perfect little gift that is sooooo much better than a bunch of junky stuff.

Project Life Week of May 29-June 4, 2011

Onto my Project Life pages. This is another catch up week from this summer. Lots of garden goodness, softball, driving with Josey and just good ol' summertime activities. If you'll notice in this 2 page spread, I tend to treat my pages as if I was doing a traditional 2 page spread. I coordinate all my colors and accents. For me, this is about the only form of scrapbooking I'm doing right now. As much as I'd love to do the single page layouts that I have created a list for, it's just not fitting into my schedule right now. So I'm thoroughly enjoying my Project Life method of scrapbooking. I get to use all my fun supplies, stamps and embellishments just as if I were doing traditional layouts. I'll share my process of how I lay out a Project Life week soon. It's on the list of blog posts.
The left page with main insert.
The right page.
Here is the main insert for this week's layout. I used an Elle's Studio 4 x 6 journaling card, Ali Edwards days of the week stamp from Technique Tuesday, button + twine, Washi tape + my Tiny Tim stapler and a sticker accent. The grid looking paper is from some Studio Calico packaging. I love that pattern and save all my packaging.
Instax mini photo with sticker, Washi tape + mini staple. Regular journaling card from the Amber PL kit + a sticker.
More journaling cards from the Amber Project Life kit. Stickers, Studio Calico chipboard butterfly, Washi tape, machine stitching and a Studio Calico sticky note. Here again, I've done a little bullet list of my week in review. Definitely going to keep doing this into 2012.
Journaling cards from the Amber kit, my own handwriting and big titles using a Big Mark-its marker. I see Ali Edwards do this a lot and I love the idea.
More embellished Amber journaling cards, flat accent with brad and a snippet of fabric from my weekend shopping trip to a new quilt shop.
That's it for today. I've got more Project Life pages to share and have lots more fun stuff in the works. I'm working on my December Daily base pages...slow but sure since this new fur ball came along. :) Have a great day everyone!

29 comments:

Eveline said...

How adorable. Have fun with your puppy.
Eveline.

Heather said...

Charlie is sooo cute!! I love the picture of him sleeping on the duck!! ;o)

Chrissy Le said...

Oh my, makes me want to have a puppy too! He's adorable!

I just wanted to say "thanks" for sharing your 'project life' with us. I'm going this way too with my scrapbooking. I always feel the same way as I have one child and she's 5, but she grows up so so fast it seems. I want to document memories, and not so much of the scrapbooking stuff that goes with it. 20 years from now, our family won't care how pretty or neat the layout is, rather they would love to see day to day life documenting. I think that's way more important. So thanks for the inspiration!

Cele Schaffer said...

Charlie is a cutie-your in for the ride of your life! It is so fun but takes you back to when the reds were infants. You are torturing us waiting for these December Daily pages (LOL) but it is a good torture. Can hardly wait! I just can't get enough Christmas. I am going to attempt making your cards from In The Meadow PTI stamps-they are so beautiful!

Sandy S said...

Charlie is adorable!!! Look at those paws & nose & all that bundle of love & fun....
Love your 'project life' too! The layouts are awesome...and I LOVE your lettering. Being a lettering artist/calligrapher, my eye & heart goes right to it...

Sandy

Janie said...

Great gift, so true, better than the other stuff, many rewards. Glad you knew to wait until the right time, a dog is a huge responsibility and big commitment for the rest of "it's" life.
I rescue golden retrievers and we see it all. Most people get a dog don't think it out or look into the breed before they get it.
Congrats!

Robin said...

I also have fallen head over heals in love with the idea of Project Life since I have been introduced to it on your blog!! Because I am in Ireland and shipping is crazy I have ordered the core kit and pages that my mom will send me from Canada! Thanks so much for all these updates.. it will be such a big help when it all arrives!!
Robin

Jana said...

Keep the puppy pictures coming! :-) ditersag

Mary said...

Awwww.... you will never regret that decision. Labs are awesome! Enjoy!
http://ridiculouslab.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh.my.word! That is the CUTEST little puppy I've seen in a very long time. It's going to be a fun Christmas at the Wooderson house this year! Thanks for sharing pictures.

Kathy McDonald

DawnBeery said...

Your puppy is adorable! We have a chocolate lab & he is the most loving dog! He LOVES to be loved on! Thanks for the inspiring PL pages!

Sheila Davis said...

Oh My...I just love Charlie!!!! He looks so much like our dog Mac...yellow with the brown nose...love it. Those feet are a sure sign he will be a big boy. Ours had big feet and he is 90 lbs. or so and strong as an ox. He is my big baby though and just so wonderful to have in our lives. Congratulations on your new addition and I know you will all love what he brings to your family. Be sure to stock up on rawhide when he gets a little bigger...they love to chew on any and everything.

Would love to know how the sewing machine turned out.

Bonnie said...

Oh My Goodness he is soooo cute !!! This is what we did last year with our family, but she is a black lab named Callie. Just love her, labs are such great family dogs, very faithful and just want to be around someone all the time. I love looking at your PL pages, you do such a great job!! Thanks for sharing with us.

June K. said...

Charlie is so dang cute. Big paws there, too. Makes me want to have a lab again.

Unknown said...

Charlie is adorable....but FYI....as far as owning a LAB....getting ready for dog hair to be everywhere! I had a yellow, ( she was really cream) most wonderful dog I ever owned but my dark floors looked white half the time, went to the vet time after time ( brushed, supplements, you name it) and he finally said that "it is just the breed"......so be ready......vacums are ceaper by the dozen! LOL Enjoy him, he is going to become a member of your family before you know it! :):)

Pat said...

Such a cute puppy! Enjoy this time because they get big so fast! Question about Project Life- since you are doing the pages from 6 months ago, do you keep a journal as you go along so you can remember what happened that week? I have baby's first year calendars from the 80's. I wonder if I could somehow put together PL pages from that far back. I love looking at your pages and your gifts!

Candy Bryant said...

Oh, puppy breath, nothing better! He is adorable.
I want to get an Instax camera for Christmas. How
do I know which one to get? Aloha.

Stephanie said...

What a cutie pie! I'd take a puppy over traditional gifts any day :) Have fun with him!

Diana F. said...

That puppy is just so adorable!!
I hope you plan to post more of him.

I love looking at your PL pages. You put so much detail into them, I really like seeing your creative process.

Debra said...

That stuffed duck won't be long in this world (don't ask how I know...) Total cuteness. Thanks for the info on your PL pages. I WILL get this done in 2012!

Theresa said...

OMGOSH!!!!!!! Charlie is adorable!!!! I can see all of Project Life being about him!!!! LOL!!! LOVE HIM! What a cutie!

lisa westphal said...

AAAAAAA! Charlie is soooo stinkin' cute! What a blessing!! Not to down play the super-awesome project life pages....but a puppy!!! {sigh} Congrats Wooderson family :)

Betty Neville said...

Congrats on your new addition to your family - he is SO adorable! I know that he will bring much love and joy to your family!

dreamit said...

cutest little puppy!

Jennifer Scull said...

your Charlie is adorable! we have always had labs - have 2 at the moment, and have never for one moment regretted it. they are so cuddly and fun! enjoy and Merry Christmas early! :)

Katherine Wilkinson said...

He is just so adorable!! and with a name like Charlie!! OOOH I want one!

Winnie said...

Congratulations on your puppy Charlie! He is precious.

Becca said...

Mish congrats to you and your family....welcome Charlie..he is so dog gone cute....enjoy your new family edition...he will bring such joy...xo Bela

Patty B said...

Ohhh so sweet! I am such an animal lover. I decided I was ready for a new puppy too! Tomorrow I pick up my adorable tiny Yorkie that I'm naming Cameo! She is soooo cute.
Christmas is going to be interesting this year with Charlie and Cameo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails