January 8, 2012

Project Life....Week in Review Inserts

Project Life fans, here's a little something you might want to consider adding to your weekly layouts. Some time ago I started filling the blank journaling card insert with a "week in review" insert. Since there are 8 journaling smaller journaling slots, there's one slot left over for the week. It's the perfect place to add a bullet type list of events you might want to jot down. Events that don't need/or you don't have a photo for but that complete your week. I absolutely love looking back and seeing how busy our weeks always were.

Here's some specific samples I compiled for today's post. I highlight these in each blog post but I think you'll get the bigger picture when you see them here in one post. It's another fun way to make a little calendar of sorts for this small insert. Tip: Refer to your calendar and make your bullet list on a sticky note....then stick it right in your Project Life album for reference. Then you can just write or type out the list.

I hand write or use typewriter journaling for my week in review. Here I used a Bic Markits marker and my handwriting. I drew little boxes that I checked off.
Here I used a Bic Markits in yellow + my vintage typewriter.
Here on the left I used an October Afternoon sticker along with a typewriter list.
On the right I used *on the menu* because this week was all about handmade/homemade things. The small sticky note from Cavallini was stitched on after I ran it through my typewriter.
Tags are a great way to highlight the week. Here I used a white tag from my Etsy shop.
More typewriter journaling on a Russel & Hazel sticky note + a few snippets of wrapping paper from a present.
Another handwritten list along with a gray Bic Markits. I also added some stitched on embellishments to a Project Life journaling card.
This week I added a tag from a kit item and used my Bic Markits.
On the right card I used my date stamp to stamp several dates and then hand wrote the events below the date. Patterned paper and Washi tape embellish the side of the journaling card.
And lastly I used 2 Studio Calico sticky notes that I ran through my typewriter. I used some some alphabet stamps for the "on the calendar". I stitched around the sticky notes with my sewing machine.
And there ya have it. A little something fun you might want to try. Perfect timing since we're just starting a new year of Project Life.

One last tip: Take a photo of your actual weekly/monthly calendar. I've done this and it really shows just how busy our lives are.

18 comments:

Michelle Looi said...

hi Michelle,

Nice journaling! How fine is the Bic Markits markers ? What is the pen that you use for the black ink journaling? Thanks!

Unknown said...

Perfect idea for filling in journaling. Thanks !
I will give it a try this week.

Angela Nebinger said...

Thanks for the week in review idea.. I'm starting to put my first week in my first attempt at PL spread together today and so it was prefect timing!!

Juli said...

This is a great post! I am so inspired by the work you do with your PL! I have so many wonderful ideas to draw on for this years and I am so excited to get working on mine!!!!!

kris with a k said...

love it! great idea! thanks!

Tara Willman said...

Hi There!
I love this idea! Another easy way to create more journaling by bullets? Why didn't I think of that?!?!

anya said...

Love this idea, Mish! I think this is something that I can realistically do and will help to finish out my weekly spread. Thanks for sharing this great idea!

Unknown said...

Michelle I LOVE the way you've incorporated this idea so many ways-- def have to remember & use myself!!!

Cele Schaffer said...

Probably a dumb question but could you describe the process of running the journaling cards through the typewriter? Do you just tape it to a piece of paper? Love the typewritten look.

Anonymous said...

Dang, you ROCK this project! Your stuff is amazing and I'm impressed with how crafty you get on those little cards. Definitely going to follow your progress this year. THanks for all the inspiration :)

Jessica @ Creativity Gone South said...

I LOVE reading about Project Life, I'm starting mine as soon as the crazy thing gets here (hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday) and have already starting organizing photos and such. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Renee said...

OK...
I'm doing it!
Have watched you with Project Life over that last year...
and I took the plunge and just ordered the core and papers...
they're out of the pages I'm wanting!
So when they come back in stock...
and please don't tell me they've discontinued A & D...
I'll order the book and pages!
Due to a very recent family tragedy...
hubs even supports me 100% in taking this on!
Now I can't wait to get started!

KAREN said...

SO happy to see your write up of the weekly recap cards. I had already decided to include these in my weekly layouts. Your ideas are so inspiring - keep 'em comin'! Thanks for all you do and create.

Michelle said...

Great idea and so simple, which I need. Thanks

Lorie said...

Thanks for these great tips Michelle! This is my first year to do Project Life and these are very helpful!

Anonymous said...

Love the idea! Thanks for sharing!

Samantha said...

This is a really great idea, Mish! I was wondering what I was going to do with the extra journaling spot for the week, but I haven't thought too hard about it since I haven't even gotten my page protectors yet :( They've been out of stock for a while and are not set to return until Feb. For now, I'm taking your advice and writing everything in my daily calendar that I got at Target. Thanks for all the inspiration!!

Conni said...

This is a great idea, marking down what happened int he week as well, hope you don't mind if I steal the idea

Related Posts with Thumbnails