February 13, 2012

Project Life Week 4

Hi there, back today with Week 4 of Project Life. You can read all about my Week 4 PIP post here. Today you'll also find Project Life inspiration from the entire Design Team over at Becky's blog here.

So here's the 2 page spread for Week 4. I took two small road trips this week....well further than the usual 20 miles to town. I had some extra photos for those two trips so I opted for 2 insert pages in addition to my two page spread. I utilized a lot of Project Life journaling cards to create more detailed, embellished inserts. I love that the PL journaling cards offer a good starting point to add additional goodies from my scrapbooking stash.
I wanted to tie in my main pages with my inserts, so I made the main insert reflect that with a photo of a vintage suitcase that sits on my porch and a handmade road trip tag.
Lots of hanging out with Charlie, regular school activities, basketball games and Josey got a mild concussion which had us really worried.
Here I start with the smaller journaling inserts. I used an Elle's Studio journaling piece to type out this week's events. BB games, doctor's appointments....and a new season of American Idol. On the right I typed some journaling onto a Project Life Cobalt journaling card + added some Ali Edwards stamps and a handmade circle accent with the #3 and a stamped bracket.
On the left I used another PL journaling card with a stamped accent and part of a small gray parcel tag. On the right I used a Project Life journaling card that I embellished with Ali Edwards stamps, stapled on Studio Calico butterflies and a stamped grid label from my stash.
Lots of hand journaling on an Elle's Studio card + a stamped label punch from Jenni Bowlin. On the right I used another Elle's Studio accent layered on top of patterned paper. The girl stamp is from Hero Arts.
Here, on the left I layered a PL journaling card with a stamped piece of patterned paper. On the right I layered a plain, grid PL journaling card with patterned paper, then my small photo and a fortune from a fortune cookie.
Here's the title page of sorts to my two page spread. I thought it set the tone for the insert pages I added this week. The tag peeking out is a small manila parcel tag from my shop. Lined notecard is a small one from my office supply stash, I just rounded the corners. I stamped on the tag with Ali Edwards stamps then used my small Hero Arts alphabet letters to spell out "this week". Chipboard letter "2" is from a Studio Calico kit. The striped outline base piece is a 4 x 6 insert from Clementine.
Here's the rest of my 4 x 6 inserts. I drew inspiration from Lisa Truesdell's PL week here. She used a sucker wrapper that I thought was so clever. I found lots of sucker wrappers after Jordan and used my purse as a trash receptacle at the ballgame. I love that Project Life is such a good landing place for these wonderful tidbits of life. Washi tape and a day of the week accent from Elle's Studio finish off this insert. Base card is grid paper I printed at home.
Here's a photo I captured of my sweet kitty who now has a bum leg. She likes to hide away a bit more now but I saw her while looking out the window one day. Base insert is patterned paper from my stash. I stitched on Washi tape + used an Elle's Studio day of the week accent + a medium manila parcel tag to add journaling using my printed grid labels. Tag is stamped with images from Papertrey's Take Note stamp set.
To finish up my main PL pages I added 2 Instagram photos to a 4 x 6 insert to reflect our day of relaxation. I used a small manila parcel tag + a small white tag as accents. For fun, I tried typing on Washi tape and I like the look. I first placed the Washi tape on a piece of copy paper then just ran it through my typewriter. Then I removed it and placed it on my insert piece.
I'll be back later this week to show you the inserts I made for Week 4. Have a great day! I'm off to look at the rest of the Design Team creations.....always great inspiration!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Your PL pages this week rock! I especially love the title card with the picture of the vintage suit case. I've been keeping my eye out for a nice piece of old luggage, but so far haven't had any luck. I do have a lovely avocado green train case that I use all the time, but I want something a bit bigger.

Glad to hear that Josey is feeling better after her concusion. That must have been scary! And, of course, as an animal love, I always enjoy seeing pictures of your Charlie. He's such a cutie.

Have a good Monday!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails