August 28, 2012

More school projects.....

We're back in full swing with school now which reminded me I needed to share a few more projects I made using my 2 Squared School Kit. I used up all of my original kit making the projects I've shown here on the blog but I pulled a few extra papers from my stash to create a few more school themed projects.
I had all my goodies ready to go but realized I forgot a few people.
For the girls' English teacher, I created another bookmark using a library card, a medium glassine sack and papers from the kit.
The sticker letters are from October Afternoon and stamps are from Studio Calico. LOVE creating bookmarks from the library cards.
Next up I made 4 notebooks from a stash of notepads that I had. These will be for my four mom friends. A few of them are so nervous about having high schoolers now, I thought a fun notebook would be a nice gesture.
I used My Mind's Eye Kraft colored Everyday Fun papers from the 6 x6 Paper Pad for the notebook covers. (Edited: the papers were actually from the 12 x 12 sheets from this line). This particular style line is very thick so the papers make excellent notepad covers. For the patterned papers, I chose some of the 4 x 4 squares from the kit and trimmed them down and rounded the corners. The stamped starburst label is from the kit and they're also sold separately in my shop. Washi tape from my stash was adhered under the popped up circle. Small parcel tags from the 2 Squared School Kit were tucked under the patterned paper.
The inside notepad is just a simple lined pad from an office supply store.
And as a little extra for some other gifts I already had made, I typed on some additional starburst grid labels and stuck them on the packaging. And just like that, I was good to go.
And today Josey afforded me a great opportunity to take all the little gifts to the school. God forbid that she or Jordan would have to actually hand them out to the teachers and staff. But I am definitely needed at the school when Josey does stuff like forget her volleyball uniform. Good ol' Mom, right? It doesn't go without saying though....they get three strikes for forgotten stuff at home. After that they pay me $5 for each trip to the school. Mama needs Washi tape money. ;)

Coming up:

Project Life..
I have 3 weeks of completed layouts to show you. Plus I'll talk a little bit about how I'm going to approach the inserts I still to add.

More card kits..
These have been very well received and I'm having a blast finding just the right papers and embellishments to add into the kits. All with a little handmade flair. One of my favorite kits is coming up.

Other shop items....
It's time for the holidays to be creeping up on us. I have a few fun Halloween finds that I'll be adding into the shop. Plus I've been stocking up lots of orders for a fun shop update with lots of new items for card making and more.

Around the house...
With the new school year comes a renewed desire for me to get more organized around the house. I'll be sharing some menu planning and cooking ahead ideas. I also just had a huge garage sale. I'll tell you all about my new decorating plans for the house.

Okay, I'm off to the girls' first volleyball game of the season. Gotta run! Go Lady Cats!!

7 comments:

gayle said...

I Love your blog...so refreshing to read

gayle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Love that u make them pay after 3 times! As a teacher, I see so many parents take responsiblity for their kid's irresponsibility. Way to go!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post of school themed goodies!! I now have some inspiration as I craft tonight!

Can't wait for your next posts! Sounds great!

selina.mcginn said...

I wish I had your girls in my English class. These bookmarks are gorgeous.

Emily @SweetlyScrapped said...

They're all so nice! I love the vintage feel for the school supplies rather than the bright oranges, yellows and reds! :)

Unknown said...

I love all of these back to school projects, so creative. I especially love the notebooks. They could have a post of their own! I need to remember to use the thicker style scrap book paper to make the covers instead of always using cardstock, I always learn something new on your blog, so very thankful for you and your blog.
Looking forward to your next card kit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails