September 14, 2013

September Gossamer Blue....Fall cards

Hello everyone.  We're on our way to a volleyball tournament soon to watch the reds.  Before we head out I'd like to share some Fall cards I made using the September Gossamer Blue Main Add-On Kit.  This kit has a wonderful mix of colorful papers, fun embellishments, a pretty package of floral rub ons, chalkboard stickers and a great package of sequins.  
I forgot to lighten this photo up but you can see the items I chose to work with today.  I grabbed the exclusive GB stamps also.  
I got the idea that the rub ons would look very cool on the chalkboard stickers.  But after I tried one it didn't show up very well.  
 I got my jar of Gesso which is in the Art Journal Kits and painted a think coat very unevenly over the chalkboard stickers.
 This is just what I needed to make the rub ons pop.  I've learned from watching some art journal videos that with rub ons you can rub off just part of the image and it gives a really cool effect.  It leaves kind of a more random pattern which I love.
 I then prepared my card bases with the woodgrain paper then splattered some India ink.  I love the rich black color.
I finished up my cards with a layer of patterned paper and grid paper + I tucked in some Dainty Doilies.  
 The sequins were just the perfect finishing touch for my cards along with the stamped sentiments.  I used Glossy Accents to attach the sequins.
 Black stitching ties in well with the chalkboard look.
 A fun set of cards that can be used for any Fall occasion or even Halloween.
Hope you enjoy!  Be sure to check out the Gossamer Blue October Sneak Peek thread...I've given some great sneak peeks at the upcoming kits.  Enjoy your weekend everyone!  I'm outta here!

6 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

what a great idea with the paint!!!!
love your take on these!!!!!
tfs:)

Dorothy C. said...

I love using rub ons and this is a fantastic technique. Thanks so much! The cards are beautiful.

snowmom13 said...

These are just great - I just bought some chalk board paper and was wondering what to do with it. I might have to try the gesso and then stamping over it. Thanks for the inspiration. Good luck to the girls in their volley ball game.

Unknown said...

Wonderful !

Pam said...

Love the idea of the Gesso on the chalkboard. Love your cards and I really like the rub on idea. Usually not a fan of rub ons but this looks so cute.

lisa westphal said...

Beautiful cards, Michelle!

Related Posts with Thumbnails