I thought I would share some more of the process of my Catherine Quilt. Today I'm sharing how I pieced together my improv blogs. Kind of like a messy log cabin but just totally random sizes. No measuring, I just started cutting pieces of fabrics. I staged each block like this, putting together colors I liked mixed in with some of the linens.
Starting with my first two pieces of fabrics that are similar in size I sewed them together then pressed open the seams.
Next I found the adjoining piece of fabric that was similar in size to my stitched together pieces.
I kept sewing each stitched piece to the next piece close in size until I had enough blocks completed for the size of quilt I wanted.
I was so happy to see this progress taking place. The color and patterns just started to pop. Next up, I'll be sharing how I sewed all the blocks together to form a quilt top. Stay tuned....